Pages

Wednesday 21 July 2010

Only Human

Last saturday (17th) I went to London with a friend to a 'film and comic con'. It was my first one, and prior to arriving I'd assumed it would be something similar to the expo I went to in October '09 with the same friend; lots of anime related stalls selling posters and merchandise, with some voice actors too. But boy was I wrong! This event was more centred around the people attending it as opposed to the shopping, which was great as it meant there were loads of actors and actresses. I'm not someone who is particularly good with actors, like I wouldn't watch a film and recognise people from something I'd watched previously (unless they were super famous or hot, obviously), but even I recognised almost half of the people there without even having to read the poster behind them. I can't say I'd always know their real name, but I knew who they had played in movies/tv shows. To name a few there was;
Laurent (Twilight), who looks really different and strange without dreadlocks, especially as he wore sunglasses and a red hat, so without the poster I have to admit I wouldn't have known who he was.
Neville Longbottom (Harry Potter), who I actually got really excited about when I saw him haha. But he looked so much older in real life, which I guess is down to the short stubble and lack of large teeth- I didn't even know they were fake until my friend told me!
Annie, Mitchell and George (Being Human)- these were the most exciting three I think, who most of the people at the show had gone to see. My friend originally wanted to go so she could get this voice actor to sign her DVD, but when we found out about these three it was waaaay more exciting! All three look really gorgeous in real life, even more so than on telly (even Russell who playes George is pretty good looking), and are so lovely! You had to pay for their autograph so I didn't get one but my friend got all three and each of them were so sweet and nice.

Russell Tovey (George from Being Human), had to crop my friend out of this for privacy hence strange shape!
Aiden Turner (Mitchell from Being Human). My friend paid for a proper photo with him, so she got to meet him twice in the end. Soooo jealous!
Lenora Crichlow (Annie from Being Human). Totally beautiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment