Pages

Sunday 19 December 2010

A (brief) Journey Into The World Of Nail Art

Since I don't have school or work until next thursday, yesterday I thought I should seize the opportunity to paint my nails. And seeing as it's almost christmas I felt like making a bit of extra effort rather than the usual one coat of a colour. I wanted to try out one of the polishes I got from the clothes show, so went for the brown with a red to add the decoration. I don't have any fancy nail art pens so I just used the normal brush to add some festive (ish) red spots on the ends of my nails. I didn't even file my nails before so they're a bit messy, but i'm pleased with how they turned out! I also added some of this pale orange polish on top this morning just to make it more sparkly.
Thing is, by this afternoon I had chips on two of my nails! I was pretty disappointed to be honest, as i'd expected it to last at least four or five days- it's not like it's the cheapest of all polishes, although it obviously isn't the most expensive. I went to town this afternoon with mum, so I tried to plait my hair into a fishtail and it sort of worked! My layers meant that it kind of fell apart at the top and was very messy, but it wasn't too bad at the bottom. I don't usually look as dopey as I do in this photo, I had just started to blink!
We went to Boots and had a look around at nail polish, but really I think it's hard to tell how good it will be until you actually try it out, so I bought this one by L'Oreal. I've never tried their polishes before but it seems nice so far, and almost exactly the same colour as an YSL one I was looking at before. I've just done one plain coat and i'm going to see how long it lasts, I'll keep you updated on that!
Also had a look at the hair products, because my hair is really quite long and all I do is wash it with shampoo and then condition it once or twice a week. It's not too dry or anything, but for example when I did my hair into that fishtail I had lots of flyaway hairs which I wanted to smooth down, and when I put it up into a bun the same thing happens so I wanted to find something which could 'fix' that- other than using about four hairbands! The first time we looked around the hair care section I got so confused that mum just bought some shampoo and we were going to leave, but she got a £2 off haircare voucher when she bought it so we went back! My friends have mentioned Umberto Giannini before, and I found this product which seemed to be just what I was looking for. It says that it's for finishing off hair to salon standards, curing frizz and taming flyaways, and that less is more which is awesome because it will last longer, haha. Although it wasn't even too expensive, under £4 with the voucher.

Only six days left until Christmas!!

No comments:

Post a Comment