Pages

Friday 3 August 2012

OMG was my last post seriously in March??

I am a bad, bad blogger. Let's get things rolling again by showing you what I had for breakfast yesterday! I found a recipe whilst browsing tumblr (that holy grail of inspiration) for 'Peanut Butter Chocolate Baked Oatmeal'. It said it was 280 calories which I would say is about right for breakfast, and cereal gets boring sometimes, so I thought what the heck let's try it! 
Easiest recipe ever, I had all the ingredients already and you just mix them together like so:
 Then you pour it into a ramekin and bake for around 20 minutes (I left it in for 23 so make it a bit firmer), after which it looks like this:
 Remember to grease the ramekin first! Then it comes out super easy, as you can see below.
 The ingredients called for 1/4 cup of mashed banana which only used up half my banana, so to prevent wastage I mashed the other half and used it as a kind of icing- it tasted better than it looks I promise! I can't really describe the texture, it wasn't as light or spongy as a muffin but also it wasn't super dense. Either way it filled me up until lunchtime which is always good in my books!
I think this will be a good one for uni maybe to even make the night before and just grab and go in the morning- the ingredients are all super basic and could probably be played around with a bit to make different flavours. If you try it then let me know how you get on!

No comments:

Post a Comment