Pages

Monday 17 January 2011

Cat That Got The (Chanel) Cream!

Admittedly the title of this post gives the impression that I've won the lottery and have gone on a massive shopping spree in Chanel- I'll tell you now that (unfortunately!) I haven't. I have, on the other hand, invested in a decent quality lipstick. I recently got my staff discount which means that I get discount in a certain large department store, including on the makeup counters!
I realised once I got on the bus that if the students from the secondary school near my house were walking home as I walked to my house, I would be wearing my school uniform (somehow my school has a reputation for being very posh and religious, so many schools dislike us haha) and carrying a Chanel shopping bag, so I would be a bit of a target! Luckily, I didn't see anyone.
The lady behind the counter was really nice and helped me to decide on a shade, and packaged it nicely as well in this Chanel tissue paper. I wanted a lipstick which was neutral enough that I can wear it everyday, but still colourful enough so that you can tell it's there, and I think I've found it with this shade. I was a little worried when I first got it home that it was too neutral, and so wouldn't even be noticeable, but dad could tell that I had it on so i'm convinced, haha!

Excuse the shiny-ness of my face and weird greenish tint (?!), but I hope you can get a sense of the lipstick colour here. It really isn't much different from my natural lip colour to be honest, but just enough so that you can see it's there.

No comments:

Post a Comment