Pages

Sunday 29 August 2010

Walk The Lines

I've always been into art, but during the past couple of years I have really gone off drawing for some reason. I used to love using all of the different pencils to create the most accurate drawing of a flower I could, or anything else for that matter, but during gcse art I've just hated it! So after seeing that various bloggers and photographers use pens for more graphic drawing, I decided to give it a go as it was something which I had never tried before. I went to Hobbycraft (one word/ two words?? who knows!) with my mum and she very kindly bought me a pack of four black drawing pens, of varying thickness'. I've practiced with them a couple of times before, but today was the first time I tried to properly sketch with them and I thought I'd share the result! As I spent the weekend with my family at Hunstanton, I took with me September's issue of Elle to read again because I knew that I would have missed out some features the last time I read it through. The photo below is definitely by far my favourite image from the magazine, as it's just so simple and quite cute. I think I also like the symmetry!
I wasn't sure if the reflection of the flash off the page made it difficult to see the photo, so below is the same image with the flash turned off. I don't know who the model was, but if she ever sees this then I apologise for accidentally making your lovely legs look so chubby!
On a completely different note, who likes the patterned backgrounds to these photos?! The first one is a quilt which I found in my grandad's house and is at least 50 years old, the second is my duvet cover. I have no idea where that came from, but i'm sure it's pretty old as I don't remember it being bought and it looks as though someone actually made it themself from a large piece of fabric.
Oh and also, I've just applied for my first ever job! Fingers crossed I'll get it, it would be really great to earn some money of my own finally. My best friend from primary school is going for the same job though, hopefully there won't be too much rivalry. I'm certain we won't fall out, we've been friends since play school!

1 comment: